Adobe InDesign Add-Ons
SelectionToPDF Add-On for Adobe InDesign CS3 (Free)
SelectionToPDF allows you to export a selection from an InDesign document to PDF. Fast, easy and elegant, this add-on will make your life easier. If you are looking for the CS4 version of this Add-On, it has been integrated in latest version of LayoutZone.
Download SelectionToPDF Add-On (16 KB ZIP Archive)
This script requires InDesign CS3 in order to work. It will only work on InDesign CS3.
• Version 1.0b3 - Reinstates Adobe InDesign User Interaction Level to its original state.
• Version 1.0b2 - Installs "Export Selection To PDF" menu correctly in non-English versions of Adobe InDesign.
• Version 1.0b1 - Initial Release.
1 - Drop the SelectionToPDF.zip file into the Scripts folder inside your InDesign application folder. It should be at the top level of the Scripts folder, and not inside a folder that’s already there.
3 - Delete the .zip archive Launch or restart InDesign to begin working with LayoutZone.
1 - Use InDesign Selection Tool to select objects you want to Export to PDF.
2 - Choose File > Export Selection To PDF...
3 - Specify a name and location for the file and click Save.
4 - Do one of the following:
• To use a predefined set of job options, choose a preset from the Adobe PDF Preset menu.
• To create a PDF/X file, either choose a PDF/X preset from the Adobe PDF Preset menu, or choose a predefined PDF/X format from the Standard menu.
• To customize options, select a category from the list on the left and then set the options.
• For Compatibility, choose the lowest PDF version necessary to open the files you create.
5 - Click Export (Windows) or Save (Mac OS).